Our Fablab is a shared workshop with digital fabrication machines: 3d printers, laser cutter, CNC milling machine and more.
It is accessible through membership, during artists residencies, or through a partnership (for companies). While we focus mainly on artistic practices, everyone is welcome to come and use our machines to create in an inspiring environment and be part of an active community.
Our hours differ a bit due to the COVID-19 measures. As from Wednesday 3rd of June these are the public opening hours of our Fablab:
- 17:00 - 22:00
- 13:00 - 18:00
- Other days
- By appointment
You can make an appointment to come and visit on Tuesday, Thursday and friday by mail.
Join our Fablab
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- To become a member, you must first register on the website through this form
- After payment of the membership fee we’ll make an appointment with you to follow the mandatory security presentation.
- This security presentation is mandatory to safely work in our Fablab. you will receive your membership card after this presentation.
- After the security workshop you can also follow a (non-mandatory) workshop to use the machines (which we strongly recommend).
- Members can come freely during the public opening hours: Monday: 17:00-22:00 & Wednesday: 13:00-18:00. Reserving a machine is not possible during the public hours.
- You can reserve a machine during the week: the Fablab has an internal agenda for members and you can simply reserve a machine by sending an email.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- Monthly membership: €45
- Yearly membership: €200
- Membership for: Residents of Molenbeek St-Jean, art students: €100/per year (We'll ask a proof of this when you join)
Your membership does not include the prices of the consumables. These can be found here.
Our equipment is composed of CNC and digital fabrication machines as well as standard DIY tools (drills, saws, hammers,...) and electronics components: our fablab is indeed a Maker Space.
Click below to access the full list of our equipment:
If you are an artist, designer, engineer or developer and you want to work on a new creative project with our machines, we can support you with our residency programme.
This residency of maximum 4 weeks will take place in our Fablab and aims to help you develop your prototypes, maquettes, new materials and other projects.
You will get access to our machines, tools and classes, and we can cover the costs of the material (up to €400).
In return we ask you to document your project on our dedicated wiki Wikimal. Our Wikimal should give you a better idea of what our iMAL Fablab is all about.
Requirements: As a resident you must bring your own computer and a basic knowledge of vectorial design and/or 3D design. We only provide assistance for the use of the machines.
Interested? Contact us here: